Research

year 2001 
author Daiki Min 
Keyword Object-oriented component, distributed manufacturing system, production planning, ERP, CORBA, XML 
Abstract With the progress in information technologies, the business processes of an enterprise extend over their own organizational boundaries and form networked business structures that enable the distributed enterprises to collaborate each other. Previous traditional 3-tier architecture doesn’t fit into the distributed environments and current new information systems such as ERP and SCM systems are designed by distributed object components based multi-tier architecture. In this paper I propose a distributed object component based system architecture and development methodologies for the distributed production planning (PP) system. And also I design the system using UML and implement it using CORBA and XML technologies.
The considering processes in this paper are production planning processes in the distributed environments, such as supply chain. In that situation, it is important to get proper information such as available inventory, other site’s planning, and order status etc from other partners. The distributed object component based systems have advantages of flexible, modifiable and location-free characteristics.
I design four distributed components, which are ‘Order’, ‘MaterialManagement’, ‘Equipment’ and ‘ProductionPlan’ using UML. ‘Order’ component manages customer order, manufacturing order and purchasing order information. ‘MaterialManagement’ component manages Item related information such as Item Master, Inventory and BOM. ‘Equipment’ component manages resource related information (resource capacity, routing etc.) and perform a capacity planning. Finally, ‘ProductionPlan’ component does the production planning processes-in this paper just considers MRP logic. All the components interacts each other for the required information and processes.
The components are implemented by CORBA. And XML messages are used for the information exchanging between components. The message structure and contents are decided from the component structure; UML class diagram automatically. For the procedure, I propose a rule for mapping a UML class diagram to a XML DTD. 
c MS 

Download :

번호 c year 제목 author

등록된 글이 없습니다.